Friday, August 24, 2007

Prepping for a Girl


Has anybody looked at little girls' clothes recently? They are absolutely adorable. Little pink onesies with sayings like "Mommy's Little Angel", "Daddy's Little Princess"; purple and white pajamas with butterflies and flowers; pink and brown winter outfits; pink and gray plaid school-girl pinafores. The choices are endless. I was in Babies 'r Us recently and couldn't resist picking up some pretty, girlie outfits. I find myself looking a outfits for when she gets older. As long as she can't argue with me about the clothes she wears, then I might as well take some advantage of having her wear what I think she looks cute it.
Brad has been tirelessly working on Maya's chest of drawers. It's a hand-me-down from his grandmother and needs some updating. We decided on painting it crisp white with pink accents. He is painting the scroll work by hand with a delicate paintbrush and the love he is putting into it is so obvious. The drawer knobs will be porcelain white with little pink roses and a gold border. I am trying not to get too cheesy with the rose theme, but sometimes I can't help myself. In fact, I found a beautiful tea set in pearlized china, with pink roses. Every little girl needs a real tea set. Today, we are moving all the "grown up" stuff out of Maya's nursery and this will give us a nice, blank slate to work with. Her nursery is a bright room with two windows facing the backyard. The room gets lots of light. Furniture will be minimal, surrounding only the perimeter of the room. We are going to get her a crib, and there is a book shelf, a corner shelf, the chest of drawers (which will double as a changing table) and hopefully a nice armchair in which I can nurse. I want the middle to be a free space so that she doesn't experience any clutter. There is a nice closet in which we can store any baby supplies.
Things are slowly coming together and I would like to get things sorted out before I am too tired to do anything. On Monday, September 3, I will be entering my 8th month...tick-tock-tick-tock.

No comments: