Wednesday, October 17, 2007

We Have a Date...and a few hiccups.

http://www.babybingo.com/GIFTS/our_name_is_mud/onim_clock_baby.jpgThis morning I visited Dr. Kahen, who told me that Maya's head has moved lower and is in the "ready" position. My sugars are still high, despite the increased dosage of insulin, so the plan is to induce on Tuesday, October 23. I am to check into the Encino-Tarzana Regional Medical Center at 8:00 p.m. at which time they will begin the process of induction. From what I understand, labor will either begin naturally that night, or a dose of Oxytocin will get the ball rolling on Wednesday. This is really exciting for me because I now know when to expect her.
I also had a chance to visit a pediatrician that we are strongly considering; it's a husband-wife team named Drs. Irani. The office staff were so friendly and the waiting room was very child friendly. I am going to sign the papers this morning to ensure that they can visit Maya in the hospital after she is born.
That's it for now - we have a few bumps in the road - Lulu Belle is sick (she has some gastrointestinal obstruction) and Brad hurt his eye. Other than that, things are going pretty smoothly.

No comments: