Friday, October 12, 2007

More Frequent Check-Ups

I now see my doctors once a week, and am taking no stress tests (NSTs) twice a week. My insulin dosage has increased to 20 units, and Maya's movements are getting slower. This morning I went in to see Dr. Doany and got to see a pretty neat ultrasound. Maya was moving around and she had her umbilical cord wrapped around her finger. Periodically, she would put her finger in her mouth and play with it. Her features are pretty well defined, but the 4D pictures show her looking all squashed up. She is now weighing at 7lbs 6oz, still has long limbs, and yes, is still a girl! Dr. Doany says that Maya is a week ahead in her development, which is a good sign. All in all, we are still on track for delivery the week of October 24. Time's a tickin', and my patience is waning. Can't wait to meet this little girl.

No comments: