Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Letter to Maya

The image “http://www.donnabellas.com/image2/family/mommy-girl-blond.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Dearest Maya:
It's your Mummy here. I am in my last stretch of awaiting your arrival and besides being a little scared, I am so, so, so, very excited to meet you. There are days that I sit at work daydreaming about all the wonderful times that you are I are going to have. Getting to know each other is going to be the most fun. Thanks to the privilege I had of carrying you these past months, I have had the chance to get to know a bit of your personality and from what I can tell, you are going to be a fiery little girl. Now, let's get a few things straight...you are number one in my life and I hope that I am able to prove that to you every day. Secondly, this is my first time being a mother, so cut me a little slack as we learn this mother-daughter thing together. Lastly, all I want from you is for you to feel loved, cared for, and most of all, secure. Once we get these things established, we can conquer all that life throws at us.
You are one lucky little girl because you were created out of love, and are being born into such a world of love. You've got all your grandparents here, and you even have a great grandmother who can't wait to meet you. An extended family of uncles, aunts, great uncles, great aunts, and cousins awaits you. Just know that from the moment you were made, you were loved!
Your room is almost ready, except for some finishing touches. I think you will really like it. It's a honeydew melon green with a whimsical design of Gossamer Wings. There is a sturdy white crib, a dresser that your daddy painted for you, a closet for your rapidly growing wardrobe, and pretty curtains. Grampa Sal painted a mural outside your window so that you would have an island view.
That's it for now. I feel you moving in there, letting me know that it's time to lay down and relax. There is so much more that I want to say to you, but this will have to do for now.
Good night my little one...sweet dreams...and I will see you soon.
Your Mum.

No comments: