Tuesday, August 14, 2007

7 Months Pregnant and Counting


I am now in the 7th month of pregnancy and are eagerly awaiting the birth of our Maya Rose. Her name is simple and beautiful and that is what she is. My pregnancy has been a smooth one so far and I feel healthy and beautiful. In fact, I think that this is the healthiest and fittest that I have been. Thanks to the kindness of the next door neighbor, I have had the opportunity to swim almost every day, and thanks to the house I live in, I have a huge sand ring to walk in every night. Gestational diabetes is the hiccup I am now experiencing, but I am committed not to let that affect my little one...I will eat sugarless food for the rest of my life it means that my Maya will be unhurt. It is rather difficult being limited to the kinds of food that one can eat, but I am eating more vegetables, protein, and am monitoring my blood glucose level. Maya becomes more real everyday when she moves inside of me. It's hard to say when I first felt her, because I have felt her inside of me since I found out that I was pregnant. She now rolls, and kicks, and hiccups, and every time it happens, it feels like the light of life inside of me. God has really given me a treat, and despite what is going on outside my little pregnancy bubble, he must think me worth it to be the mother of such a treasure. Maya has raised my self worth, at least when it comes to my role as a mother. When I daydream about the life that she will have, I see myself as a good mother, a kind and loving mother. On June 1 I got to see a 3D ultrasound of my little baby - at the time, I thought it was a boy, but boy was I mistaken...there on the screen was a pretty little girl. The 3D facial image showed her has having my nose and lips and chin. Do you know how stupefying it is to see an image of yourself on a little person - someone in whose creation you had a part. There must be some bit of perfect in me if I can be an ingredient in my little perfect girl! My first trimester was slightly uncomfortable. Nausea, lack of appetite and an ongoing fatigue. After the 4th month, I felt my body and my soul blossoming. I took my pregnancy so seriously that I even took up walking regularly. The greatest compliment I received yesterday was when my Dad-in-Law told me that he didn't recognize me because I don't look pregnant from the back. In fact, he event ventured to say that I looked great. My goal is to be Maya's Hot Mum...I guess a MILF is not to far in the future. All Maya's tests have come back great. Her brain is developing well, the dreaded test for cystic fibrosis came back negative, Down's Syndrome was a negative as well...God has really blessed me with such a perfect baby - Long Live Beans!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Glad you got some time away from the heat! The Central Coast is our favorite getaway so I know the three of you had a great time! Maya's pic's are beautiful and you look and sound so happy to be a Mom. You and Brad will be fantastic! Lots of love and kisses to you all! Your cuz' Jill.