Tuesday, August 14, 2007

There's a Whole Lot of Shaking Going On


There certainly is - rolls, kicks, hiccups, bumps...you name it. Maya is quite the little mover and shaker and when she gets moving, she doesn't stop for a while. Today, Brad decided to create some sounds on my belly by tapping, and after a few taps, Maya kicked his hand and he got to see her foot create a bump on my belly. When I reached the five month mark, my doctor told me that I would begin to feel little flutters of movement. I so anxiously waited and waited, and one day, I felt something real. It was the most amazing feeling because it verified that there was life inside of me, and it was growing.
Maya moves after meals, and when she does, it is kicking motions. In the morning, when I wake up, she is in a fixed, tight position on the lower left side of my belly, and only when I rub my tummy and walk around, does she move. I have discovered that when she finds a position that she likes, she doesn't budge...is this the sign of a stubborn streak? She also moves around as if she is playing the drums, when I am sitting at my desk at work. It's great because it adds a nice purpose to the work that I am doing.
The picture above shows Maya Rose peacefully resting against the placenta - what a little angel she is. I can't wait to meet her, shake her hand, and let her know how glad I am that I'm her Mommy!

No comments: