Monday, December 10, 2007

Shopping for Maya

Well, this year, Christmas shopping has taken on a whole new dimension. It's been difficult getting to the stores, but thanks to Grandma Betty, I have been able to get quite a bit done. I usually do my shopping through the year as I see things that people may like and try to get everything wrapped way before December 20th. Having just met Maya seven weeks ago, I am now getting an idea of what she will like. The problem with this is that I am reliving my entire childhood through her. My shopping cart has been piled with dolls, a doll house, a radio flyer wagon, a kitchen set, shoes, clothes for a toddler, and all sorts of ridiculous stuff. Thank goodness my brain restarted itself and helped me rationalize the situation and put the stuff back on shelves. Instead, I settled for some rattles, books, lots of cute infant onesies, a red velvet dress with shoes to match, a porcelain ballerina pig piggy bank, and some learning toys.
Thanks to our good fortune this year, Maya will be blessed with a household full of love, warmth, grandparents, family, friends, and a few extra items under the Christmas tree.

No comments: